AART - Our History

Our History

AART has been providing assisted reproductive therapies since the early 1980’s. AART was founded by the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dalhousie University. For many years, patients and physicians knew us as the Endocrine and Infertility Center, which was located at the Grace Maternity Hospital in Halifax. In January 2005, AART moved to a new state of the art facility at 1535 Dresden Row in Halifax. From an initially limited service, we have grown to provide 300 patient cycles per year and we now offer a comprehensive range of therapies. Much of our growth has occurred in the last five years.

Our Success:

  • An established Fellowship Program accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada;
  • An active Research Program with funding from private and external sources; and,
  • A growing Outreach Program.

Our Future:

We plan to continue our Outreach Program to extend our services to a greater number of patients.

Our Awards:

Recently, AART received the “Accreditation with Exemplary Standing Award”. This award recognizes AART’s commitment to providing quality care and services to the community.