AART Patient Profiles
Because of our policy of confidentiality, we cannot disclose the identities of our patients. However, the following brief profiles provide a range of individual situations in which AART was able to help patients and partners achieve their family aspirations.
Not all patients have a successful outcome. The profiles included here represent a reasonable cross-section of the journeys our patients have traveled to success.
- A 41-year-old patient from Cape Breton required surgery before she could be considered for IVF. After surgery, she enrolled in the program but the medications used to stimulate her ovaries did not appear to be producing the desired results. There was discussion of cancelling her cycle but she decided to proceed despite the reduced chances of success. Today she is the proud mother of twins.
- A patient from Halifax with fluctuating FSH levels underwent nearly 10 years of infertility treatments before deciding to turn to IVF at the age of 39. Her second IVF cycle produced the results for which she had waited a long time.
- A patient from central Nova Scotia, age 37, suffered from unexplained infertility. After three unsuccessful COH cycles, she opted for IVF and was successful with the first cycle.
- A patient in her mid thirties was also successful with her first IVF cycle.
- A Halifax couple in their early thirties opted for IVF after the woman was diagnosed as having blocked fallopian tubes. They were successful on their first IVF cycle. A subsequent implantation of a thaw embryo proved unsuccessful.
Through ongoing research we are improving our ability to overcome barriers to fertility. In turn, this improves patient outcomes.